Celebrity hairstylist Ryan Richman created voluminous waves for Florence Welch’s 2016 Grammy Award’s look, with the help of KMS California products. Here, Ryan shares how to get Florance Welch’s red carpet look!
Florence Welch Look step-by-step:
1. Richman started by prepping damp hair with KMS California TAMEFRIZZ smoothing lotion for instant combability and frizz reduction, while protecting hair against heat. Then, he used a wide tooth comb to distribute the product evenly through the hair.
2. Next, Richman used the Varis Creative Energy Blow Dryer to begin drying the bangs using a boar bristle brush to smooth the hair and brush the bangs from side to side until mostly dry, followed by drying the bangs straight down.
3. Then, to dry the rest of her hair Richman used a medium boar bristle round brush and worked his way through the hair in 1” sections.
4. To wave the hair Richman used a 1” Varis Creative Energy Flatiron taking 1” sections of the hair, starting at the base. He then closed the flatiron and bent the hair up and down while sliding the iron down each section. In order to hold the wave, he sprayed KMS California FREESHAPE 2-in-1 styling + finishing spray on each section as he worked.
5. To finish the look, Richman used a dime size amount of KMS California HAIRPLAY messing creme and worked it through the hair with his hands, shaking the waves out to create a lived-in, second day hair style along with the KMS California SILKSHEEN polishing serum for shine and control on the ends.
For more information on KMS California products, please visit www.kmscalifornia.com
Photo: Getty Images