Inspired by Sheila Hicks’ “Art of the Yarn” exhibit, Christian Siriano’s Fall/Winter 2016 collection presented a story progression using volume, texture, soft fibers, and masculine undertones in shape and silhouette. Menswear-inspired suits and tailored evening pieces balance out the collection.
Anthony Cole, Sebastian Professional International Artist, mirrored Christian Siriano’s vision and wanted to create an androgynous style with a touch of softness. “I wanted the style to emulate Christian’s collection and vision. We added the androgynous feel with the hard part, but kept the look soft using braids. The back is feminine, keeping the softness throughout the style,” says Cole, Sebastian Professional’s lead stylist at Christian Siriano’s backstage.
Learn How-To get the Look:
- Step 1: On damp hair mist Sebastian Trilliant, then apply Sebastian Mousse Forte; blow dry clean and straight.
- Step 2: Take an off-centered section starting from half inch to 1 inch past the crown of the head and tuck it away. On the left side, starting from the temple, take a diagonal section all the way from the temple to the nape of the neck and tuck away.
- Step 3: Brush the remaining hair into a side part and put into a temporary ponytail while creating your 2-strand braid at the part and at the temple using Sebastian Eruptek.
- Step 4: Fasten both braids at the bottom, leaving them loose.
- Step 5: Remove temporary ponytail and brush hair, as if you would pony everything together (including the 2 braids). Then take 4-strand sections making a woven 4-strand braid all the way through and fasten at the bottom.
- Step 6: Rub Sebastian Eruptek onto the braid and open it up and achieve explosive texture and expansive volume in the look. Make the braid flat and wide to give it a woven, dry look. Finish with Sebastian Zero-Gravity and over lay Sebastian Shine Shaker for a soft shine.
Photos: Getty Images