Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a 70s-inspired rock-and-roll look, complete with cuts and color on several models, at the awe-inspiring Alexander Wang’s Fall/Winter 2016 show – learn how to recreate the look!
Alexander Wang this season is about emphasizing individuality, character, and acknowledging every type of woman, whether boyish or feminine. The show had something for every girl and woman to relate: there are different characters, different kinds of beauty in one show.
“We cut and colored some of the models, creating fringes on some, and bleached or colored the hair bright orange on others. A lot of the shapes we created are based on the 70’s – a feather cut shag. I shampooed and conditioned the hair with Redken’s new Beach Envy Volume (available in salons March 2016), which gives the hair a great beachy texture. I emphasized the natural hair by letting it air dry, then spraying hair once dry with Redken wax blast 10. For the show’s look, I didn’t want luminous hair; it’s got to feel cool,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK
1. Shampoo and condition hair with Redken’s NEW! Beach Envy Volume Shampoo and Condition (available in salons March 2016).
2. While hair is still damp, create a messy middle part using your fingers.
3. Lightly spray NEW! Redken Beach Envy Volume Wave Aid wave-styling enhancer on damp hair (available in salons March 2016) for added texture and beachy volume.
4. Tuck hair behind the ear on both sides and let hair air-dry naturally.
5. Once hair is fully dry, lightly spray Redken wax blast 10 high impact finishing spray-wax from mid-lengths to ends to create an undone, piecey texture and natural waves.