Learn how stylist Ester Lengham for Beauty.com using Phyto and The Beachwaver Co. created this double-french braid groovy look for Ulla Johnson’s Fall/Winter 2016 show. Her inspiration? A maximalist silhouette of ornate handspun knits and frilled cashmere in rich jewel tones, layered over mixed prints, intricate swirling lace, and velvet.
Get the NYFW Look!
– Spray dry hair with water to dampen and apply Phyto Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray throughout.
– Part the hair to the left and blast with The Beachwaver Co. Pro Dry blow dryer to hold.
– Smooth out the hairline using The Beachwaver Co. Coast Pro Ceramic Styling Iron.
– Create a diagonal part through the back of the head, splitting the hair into two sections.
– French braid the hair along the diagonal, starting at the crown of the head to just behind the ear, and repeat on the opposite side.
– Spray Phyto Phytolaque Soie Finishing Spray for added texture.
– Gently pin the two braids using bobby pins.
– Finish the look with Phyto Huile Soyeuse Lightweight Hydrating Oil
– Embellish with a tassel as seen on the runway.
Photo: Getty Images