With festival and wedding seasons right around the corner, clients will be looking for chic, new ways to style their strands. This edgier version of the classic Dutch braid is a great look to offer clients, or for stylists looking for an efficient, on-trend plait to wear on those long days in the salon.
Using PRAVANA’s NEVO Super Shape Hair Spray, PRAVANA Guest Artist Lara C. Kay creates this stunning, voluminous braid by securing strands with the buildable, long-lasting formula without the crunchy or stiff feeling. Prior to styling, PRAVANA Guest Artist and celebrity stylist Danny Moon created a peekaboo, pastel tie dye effect with PRAVANA Locked-In and VIVIDS Clear. The colors are enhanced by the structure of the Dutch braid and add dimension to the finished style.
1. Begin with dry, prepped hair with NEVO Invisible Control throughout and NEVO Hydra Pearls through the ends
2. Part the hair straight back in an extreme side part
3. Section out three strands of hair to braid in the fringe
4. Begin a Dutch braid by crossing the middle strand beneath the outer strand
5. Continue working back this way, gathering strands from the top, above the part and side below the braid
6. Once you reach the back of the head, pull strands into the braid from below the part
7. Finish the braid by working down towards the side of the head.
8. Fasten with an elastic band
9. Beginning at the end of the braid, tug and loosen each side to increase fullness
10. Work your way up the head, continuing to tug and loosen the braid
11. Finish by setting the hair with NEVO Super Shape Hair Spray for all-night hold
Colorist: Danny Moon @majormoonn
Stylist: Lara Kay @larackay
Model: Marissa Fraering @lil_msmariss
Photographer: Joshua McCaghren @joshuamccaghren
Videographer: Huck Hinshaw @pleasantlycavingin
Makeup: Karen Sarahi Gonzalez @iluvsarahii
Wardrobe: Caisa Airmet @caisadilla