Silver hair took the reigns as one of the top hair color trends in 2015, continuing on through 2016, thanks to its wearability and versatility. There’s a complimentary silver shade for every client!
Last month, Nicole Richie, who helped popularize the pastel hair trend with her lavender VIVIDS look in 2014, once again embraced rainbow hair right before the holidays, this time going for a lavender-based silver tone.
WANT THE LOOK? PRAVANA stylist Jamie Muniz created the below formulas and techniques to recreate a sophisticated, silvery shade like Nicole’s using PRAVANA’s ammonia-free ChromaSilk Express Tones with VIVIDS.
FORMULA 1: ChromaSilk Express Tones in Pearl
FORMULA 2: 3 oz. VIVIDS Silver + 2 oz. PASTELS Luscious Lavender + 1 oz. VIVIDS Clear
- 1. Pre-lighten hair to a level 10 using Pure Light Power Lightener and preferred choice of PRAVANA Creme Developer.
- 2. Shampoo the hair and apply ChromaSilk Express Tones in Pearl and process for five minutes. Rinse.
- 3. Apply FORMULA 2 from roots to ends.
- 4. Process 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 5. Shampoo with PRAVANA VIVIDS Color Protect Shampoo and condition with VIVIDS Color Protect Conditioner for longer-lasting, more vibrant color.
- 6. Rinse then dry hair completely. Style as desired. For added shine, apply NEVO Hydra Pearl Replenishing Hair Oil through strands.
Attention stylists! You can get new celebrity formulas like Nicole’s monthly on PRAVANA Connect! This professionals-only site also features free brochures, exclusive certification programs, head sheets, an online store for tools and merchandise and more! Simply sign up for free here: http://pravanaconnect.com