International superstar Rihanna is no stranger to playing with color. She’s known for pushing boundaries and setting trends with her daring fashion and beauty choices. The singer has also rocked nearly every hair color from black to blonde, brunette and even various shades of red over the years.
Most recently, Rihanna revealed a gorgeous new navy blue hue on her locks, a perfect change for the upcoming winter season! The color is complementary to her playful style while the deeper tones add a touch of edge.
WANT THE LOOK: Recreate Rihanna’s blue hue using the NEW PRAVANA VIVIDS Black additive to deepen and darken color for a stunning navy shade. PRAVANA artist Cynthia Valentin put together the below formula and technique to achieve this look on a client:
FORMULA 1: 1 part VIVIDS Blue + 2 parts VIVIDS Black (additive)
FORMULA 2: VIVIDS Blue
FORMULA 3: VIVIDS Locked-In Blue
- 1. Pre-lighten the hair to a level 10 using Pure Light Power Lightener and choice of developer.
- 2. Shampoo, rinse and dry the hair completely.
- 3. Apply FORMULA 1 from root to the mid-shaft.
- 4. Apply FORMULA 2 and FORMULA 3 to alternating strands from the mid-shaft to ends throughout.
- 5. Process 20-30 minutes at room temperature. Rinse with cool water.
- 6. Shampoo, condition, and protect with VIVIDS Color Protect after care products. Style as desired.
Photos: Getty Images