It’s amazing what you can do with a single braid. Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care, walks Courtney Bright from darlingtwo.com through how to create a beautiful braided headband!
“Most people think braids need to be symmetrical and perfect and that’s just not the case, this version is pulled and flattened so it has more texture and width to resemble a headband,” says Roche.
– Prepare hair with Pureology Strength Cure Cleansing Condition.
– Apply Pureology Highlight Stylist Sea-Kissed Texturizer to damp hair and dry with a diffuser.
– Take a section about 2” from one side of the head and clip hair above and around it away.
– Create a three-strand braid by crossing left over center and right over center, down the entire section and secure with an elastic.
– Working from top to bottom, pull the edges of the braid away creating a fuller flatter type of braid.
– Wrap braid up and over the head at an angle to create a headband and tuck the end underneath the hanging hair on the opposite side and secure at the elastic by crisscrossing two bobby pins in an “X” formation.
– Let the long hair hang over the bobby pins and over the base of the braid.
– Finish with Pureology Colour Stylist Strengthening Control Hairspray.
Look for other tips and tricks for a good hair day on www.ruthroche.com