English songstress Ellie Goulding, known best for her hits “Love Me Like You Do,” “Burn,” “Lights” and more, debuted stunning orange-yellow locks this weekend at the MTV European Music Awards.
Goulding’s new, vibrant hue looked gorgeous against her glamorous black gown with plunging neckline and minimal makeup, letting her hair be the standout. This shade is a perfect Fall color, translating the ever-popular orange and yellow shades of the season to hair in a soft, sophisticated way.
To recreate Goulding’s sunset-inspired strands, Pravana stylist Jamie Muniz offers the below formulas and techniques using Pravana’s Vivids for a color that’s long-lasting and exceptionally vibrant.
1. Pre-lighten hair to a level 9 using Pure Light Power Lightener and choice of developer.
2. Shampoo, condition and dry the hair completely.
3. Apply Vivids Yellow all over strands, from roots to ends.
4. Apply Vivids Orange over the Vivids Yellow to small, chosen segments of the hair.
5. Process 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
6. Shampoo, condition, and protect with the Vivids Color Protect after care system.
7. Style as desired.
Photos: Getty Images