Ali Pirzadeh for UNITE Hair was the master stylist in Huishan Zang’s London Fashion Week SS2016 Collection, which a fresh, playful look with references to a youthful Jane Birkin, Nancy Sinatra and Jean Shrimpton circa 1960. Learn how to recreate it!
“We wanted the hair to feel fresh, playful and just a little girl interrupted. We choose a side part, a refreshing change from the centre part which has dominated the catwalks for the last couple of seasons, and made sure we created lots of texture in the preparation stage. Using UNITE mousse and rough drying we were able to create a strong and voluminous base which we tonged to create added texture with a natural looking wave. To finish we used the UNITE 7SECONDS Glossing Spray to define flyaway, and curls, along with the UNITE 7SECONDS Refresher through the ends which created a dual texture of shine to catch the light juxtaposed with dry ends,” says Ali Pirzadeh.
1. On dry hair, apply UNITE ELEVATE Mousse to roots.
2. Rough dry hair with a hairdryer until completely dry, and comb into a side parting being careful not to comb out texture.
3. Once dry, wrap sections of the hair from the root around large tongs, this will give hair natural lift from the root without having to backcomb as well as a natural looking wave throughout the lengths.
4. Tuck the hair behind the ears for an added girlish charm, then spray UNITE 7SECONDS Glossing into finger tips and apply to flyaways, curls and loose strands to create definition.
5. Spritz UNITE 7SECONDS Refresher into the mid-lengths and ends of the hair for a dry finish through the ends.
6. To finish the look, lightly mist UNITE Max Control Hairspray over the hair to ensure it stays put without looking unnatural.