Drawing inspiration from the 80s, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created an easy, unstructured style for Roberto Cavalli’s Spring/Summer 2016 show.
“Peter has a great instinct about hair and about his woman. It’s kind of a tomboyish 80s look, like when girls were experimenting with their sexuality and maybe wanted a touch of the boy’s quiff. I created a deep side part and then blow-dried the hair with Redken’s guts 10 to create a slight peak in the front and long and straight in the back, so it’s a bit boy in the front and girl in the back. The look is very easy and unstructured since I created it using my fingers, so it’s something that a woman could really achieve for herself,” says Guido.
Get the Look!
1. Start by spraying Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
2. Apply Redken guts 10 volumizing spray-foam to damp hair.
3. Using a round brush, blow-dry hair, lifting the crown up and to the side to create height in the front, and then blow-dry the back straight.
4. Create a clean side part with a comb, keeping the lift in the front.
5. Finish by Redken triple take 32 extreme high-hold hairspray all over hair, focusing at the top of the head for extra hold.
Photos: Getty Images