To enhance the classically beautiful Ralph Lauren style, Redken Global Creative Director Guido achieved a simple hairstyle with a rich, luxurious texture for the Spring/Summer 2016 runway show.
“The Ralph Lauren woman is always very classic and luxurious, so the hair is super simple and beautiful with this rich texture since it was just washed. A few of the girls have their hair pulled back into ponytails just because Ralph likes some of the girls with their hair pulled back, but they still have that gorgeous, rich texture. I started by shampooing each of the girls’ hair with Redken’s All Soft Shamopo and Conditioner, and then created a natural center part with my fingers and let it dry naturally. A lot of the girls already have that beautiful glow and natural texture in their hair, so I just enhanced it using Redken’s wind blown 05, focusing on the roots to give it a slight lift, and then went in with a curling iron to add a little more movement if needed,” says Guido.
Get the Look!
- 1. Start with clean hair by washing with Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner.
- 2. Create a natural center part using fingers.
- 3. Allow hair to completely air dry.
- 4. Spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over hair, focusing on the roots for added lift.
- 5. To enhance natural movement, bend sections of hair around a 1-inch curling iron.
- 6. Finish with another mist of Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray for a light, airy texture.
Photos: Getty Images