The hard-edged, sophisticated architecture of New York’s One World Trade Center was the inspiration for the slightly masculine tailoring of the collection as well as for the strong, graphic simplicity of the hair look at DKNY’s SS16 NYFW collection.
“I love the simplicity of this look. The blend of the deep masculine side-parting at the front and softer, feminine texture through the lengths feels very modern, but it has a classically handsome beauty at the same time,” said Wella Professionals Global Creative Director, Eugene Souleiman. “It’s the kind of look I imagine Lauren Bacall would wear if she was a young woman today – graphic, powerful and polished.”
Get the Look:
1. Start by prepping the hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting.
2. Create a deep, razor sharp side part and brush hair flat down on the top of the head.
3. Spray Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm onto the roots and brush through the lengths of the hair until you achieve a super-sleek controlled top.
4. Continue to brush through the hair to fade the concentration of product.
5. Finish the look by spraying the back of the head with Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me to create softness, texture and movement through the lengths.
Photos: Getty Images