Redken Global Creative Director Guido added a sense of ease and sophistication to the runway for Hugo Boss’s Spring/Summer 2016 show with a simple, clean ponytail with artsy, tangly bangs that perfectly complemented the designer’s modern, cool collection.
“Hugo Boss beauty is always very simple and clean, but there is a progression every season, so it always feels modern and updated. This season, the woman is very intelligent and sophisticated, maybe a little artsy, and there’s a little reference to the mid-90s with the minimalistic look. First I blow-dried the hair using Redken’s pillow proof blow dry express primer for heat protection and the new glow dry to give it that super smooth, shiny texture. Then I pulled the hair back into a low, sleek ponytail, keeping the hairline very clean around the face, and secured with an elastic,” says Guido.
Get the Look!
1. Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
2. Apply 4 – 5 pumps of Redken glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil throughout damp hair.
3. Use fingers to create a deep side part and use a fine-tooth comb to smooth the hair along the part.
4. Pull hair back into a sleek, low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
5. Apply an additional 2 – 3 pumps of Redken glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil on the top of the hair and throughout the length of the ponytail for additional instant shine.