Taking inspiration from the ethereal feeling of a dream, the hair look at Viscera NY SS’16 combined romantic waves with dream-like bed head that the designer envisions, “is crafted by the model running through a jungle in a tropical fantasy.”
Wella Professionals Top Artist and Lead Stylist, Aubrey Loots describes the look as, “romantic, but not quite wedding-like and slightly disheveled.” Loots was joined at the Viscera backstage by a marvellous team of artists, including the amazing Candy Shaw.
Learn How to Get the Look:
1. Start by prepping the hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me and Wella Professionals EIMI Thermal Image.
2. Apply one to two pumps of Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me throughout the lengths of the hair and brush through to soften the surface.
3. Using clips, divide the hair into two sections. With a fine tooth comb, brush out small pieces of the hair and apply Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm.
4. Using a 1-inch thick curling iron on the back of the head, wrap each piece around the curling iron and secure with a bobby pin.
5. On the top and sides of the head, apply Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm to each section and use a ¾ inch curling iron to create tightly wound curls, wrapping each piece around the iron.
6. Allow the curls to cool down and use a fine tooth comb to gently brush through them, creating a looser look.
7. Once the curls have been brushed out, use bobby pins to secure the curls in a loose bun in the back of the head.
8. Next, pull each piece to the back of the head, securing with bobby pins and Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm.
9. Finish the look by spraying a significant amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me to create volume and Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm for added hold.