Phillip Lim describes his collection as “street meets sport, turned exquisite. It’s street style mixed with elegance which creates this amazing coexistence of contradiction.”
“We wanted the hair to be simple yet impactful“, says Wella Professionals Lead Stylist Paul Hanlon, “so we took the undone sportiness of a bun and added a bit of netting to the front of the head, which is seen throughout the clothing this season. It’s organic and true to the collection, which was most important when deciding on this look.”
Get the Look:
1. Create a messy center part then apply Wella Professionals EIMI Extra Volume Mousse throughout the hair to create texture.
2. Create flat S shape waves in the hair then take a flat iron and press down on the wave to create a natural movement in the hair. For curly hair, start by using Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me then blow dry the hair to get a smoother texture.
3. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm section by section and then use fingers to detangle the hair to create separation.
4. Make a low pony tail, with a long elastic (but do not cut the elastic as it will be used later to secure the shapes).
5. Slightly twist the hair and fold it on itself to create a messy bun shape. Tie with the remaining elastic, making sure to leave the ends out.
6. Use a small quantity of Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm on the ends.
7. Place the square of netting across the head and secure behind the ear with white bobby pins. Make sure the net is very tight to the head and slightly offset on the front.
8. Seal the look with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential.