This year’s MTV Video Music Awards were full of rock-n-roll outfits, out-of-this world performances and of course, glamorous beauty looks from some of our favorite starlets. Actress and singer Vanessa Hudgens donned long, ethereal locks with a voluminous braid lightly embellished with jewels.
The style went perfectly with her floor-length gown with floral appliqués, shimmery shadow and a natural lip color… learn how to recreate the look!
Pravana’s Global Creative Advisor, braid and bridal hair expert Sherri Jessee suggests when recreating Vanessa’s look, keep in mind that “braids are always best when you begin with hair that has lots of texture.”
To get Vanessa’s ethereal locks, Jessee shares the below how-to:
- 1. Begin by distributing an egg-sized amount of Nevo Full Volume Volumizing Mousse through damp hair. Rough dry the hair, squeezing as you dry. Do not brush your hair.
- 2. Wrap random sections of hair around a 1 1/4″ curling wand, alternating directions.
- 3. Create a Dutch braid (start with three sections of hair, braid underneath one another instead of over), framing the face. Braid until you reach the ends, securing with a clear elastic band.
- 4. Wrap the tail end of the braid around the head like a crown and tuck the ends beneath the base of the braid in the front hairline. Pin to secure.
- 5. Accessorize with small jeweled flowers for a touch of glam.
Photos: Getty Images