While millions of viewers anticipated what thrill-seeker Miley Cyrus would (or wouldn’t!) wear to host the 2015 MTV VMAs, hairstylist Gregory Russell was prepping the star’s hair with Bed Head by TIGI products.
To accompany her many wardrobe changes, Russell created an over-the-top textured ponytail with a rotation of handmade accessories throughout the evening.
- 1. Apply a generous amount of TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Gel to wet hair and tightly comb hair towards the crown to create a ponytail. Secure the ponytail in place with a bungee band and use a diffuser to dry the gel base.
- 2. Next, apply TIGI Bed Head Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm to the ponytail for second-day texture in an instant and blow out using a flat brush.
- 3. Then, apply a pearl-sized amount of TIGI Bed Head Hard to Get Texturizing Paste to 2-3″ sections of the hair ponytail band to ends.
- 4. Twist each section around itself then use a comb to tease the twist. Repeat this technique through the ends for a “dreadlock” look. Add TIGI Bed Head Manipulator Matte down the twist for a matte finish.
- 5. Finish with TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray.
- TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Gel
- TIGI Bed Head Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm
- TIGI Bed Head Hard to Get Texturizing Paste
- TIGI Bed Head Manipulator Matte
- TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray
Photos: Getty Images