ESTETICA was ecstatic to have attended Paul Mitchell’s brand new educational event, Business rEvolution in Las Vegas’ Red Rock Resort. The event transmuted the concept of a conventional hair show, focusing solely on the business side of beauty.
With inspiration and leadership at the top of the game, Paul Mitchell’s Business rEvolution was overcome with both social and educational activities to help salon professionals literally enrich their lives, not only as creatives, but also as skilled entrepreneurs looking for GROWTH.
Speakers that attended and helped guide the event were industry mavens like: John Paul DeJoria, Co-Founder & Chairman of the Board of John Paul Mitchell Systems & The Patrón Spirits Company; Michaeline DeJoria, Vice Chairman and Director of Future Development, John Paul Mitchell Systems; Robert Cromeans, Global Artistic Director of John Paul Mitchell Systems; Stephanie Kocielski, VP of Education, Shows & Events for John Paul Mitchell Systems and Artistic Director for Paul Mitchell; Jason Yates, VP of Sales and Marketing of John Paul Mitchell Systems; Antony Whitaker, Bestselling Author, Motivational Speaker & Hairdresser; John Harms, Founder & CEO of Millennium Software; Mary Rector-Gable, Founder & CEO of behindthechair.com; John & Meagan McCormack, President and CHO of Visible Changes; among others.
Attendees had the fortune of learning firsthand from the top secrets from these, and more, professionals who work and even founded the most financially successful companies in the industry. ESTETICA has combined some of the most influential quotes of the weekend coming from the cleverest minds at John Paul Mitchell Systems – check our inspirational gallery below!
The theme of the event was business development, because the health of a beauty company, whether it is a salon or a brand, starts with its spreadsheets and is followed by the talent. This is why one of the main topics of the weekend was the introduction of Paul Mitchell’s Six Economies concept – a simple, systematic way of organizing a salon business into six areas in order to maximize salon revenues and guest satisfaction. The Six Economies are:
- 1) The Reservations Experience – Where the customer experience begins and ends. An opportunity to engage every guest with extraordinary guest service, beginning with a salon tour, menus and Take Home recommendations and concluding with rescheduling their next appointment.
- 2) The Stylist Station Experience – Not just a chair for cutting, styling and finishing services, but the place to offer style with knowledge and a host of customized experiential service offerings.
- 3) The Wash House Experience – Customized treatments and spa-inspired add-ons make the Wash House a loyalty builder and revenue generator all in one!
- 4) The Color Bar Experience – The ultimate eye candy. This centralized coloring hub celebrates the hair color experience by showcasing the salon professional’s expertise and by offering exciting, unique menu options.
- 5) The Tool Bar Experience – Part display, part play station, the Tool Bar helps salons offer guests professional style with knowledge using Paul Mitchell Pro Tools, and adds a powerful revenue source to the salon.
- 6) The Take Home Experience – Professional recommendations means a lot. Take Home goes beyond retail to give guests a way to bottle their salon experience.
For more information/inspiration, please visit paulmitchellpro.com