To add to the drama of Dolce&Gabbana’s Couture show, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a variety of sleek chignons and knots to anchor the designer’s stunning headpieces.
“The hair for Dolce&Gabbana was dependent on the headpiece made for each girl. I prepped the hair with Redken’s guts 10, and then created a center part before styling various types of chignons, loose Sicilian knots, braided knots and loose buns,” says Guido.
Get the look:
1. Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
2. Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken guts 10 volumizing spray-foam mousse to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
3. Blow dry hair smooth using a flat brush.
4. Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken braid aid 08 braid defining lotion from mid-lengths to ends of hair.
5. Twist the length of the hair into a knot or chignon and secure with small hair pins.
6. Finish with a thorough mist of Redken control addict 28 high control hairspray for extra hold.
7. Place desired headpiece, hat or accessory on head and secure with small hair pins if necessary.
Images by Lucas Flores Piran for Redken