Actress Taraji P. Henson, known for her roles in ‘Hustle & Flow‘, ‘Think Like A Man‘ and the hit show ‘Empire‘, where Henson plays the tough, outspoken Cookie Lyon, revealed her new purple-to-silver ombre, courtesy of celebrity colorist and Pravana guest artist Marcia Hamilton.
Henson’s bright, stunning new strands were created with Pravana Vivids hair color, blended to purple perfection with peek-a-boo blue streaks and a gradual fade to silver. Henson sang the praises of her new look, captioning the photo with, “#playingWithColor.”
WANT THE LOOK? To recreate Henson’s stormy ombre look, try the below technique using Pravana Vivids for vibrant, long-lasting color.
FORMULA 1: Vivids Blue
FORMULA 2: Equal parts Vivids Clear and Vivids PASTELS Luscious Lavender
FORMULA 3: Vivids Silver
FORMULA 4: Vivids Violet
– Pre-lighten the hair beneath the occipital from 1-2” off the scalp through the ends to a level 10 using Pure Light Power Lightener with your choice of developer.
– Working above the occipital, pre-lighten the hair 1-2” off the scalp through the mid-shaft to a light level 7 and through the ends to a level 10 using Pure Light Power Lightener with your choice of developer.
– Starting in the nape, apply Formula 1 from the regrowth to the mid-shaft. Then apply Formula 2 through the ends.
– In the next section, apply Formula 1 from the regrowth to the mid-shaft. Then, apply Formula 3 through the ends.
– Working above the occipital, apply Formula 4 to the regrowth to the mid-shaft and alternate Formula 2 and Formula 3 through the ends.
– Process 20-30 minutes at room temperature. Rinse with cool water. Shampoo, condition, and protect with Vivids Color Protect after care products. Style as desired.
See this and other celebrity formulas on Pravana Connect, a salon professionals-only site where the brand shares first looks, how-tos, educational materials, technical head sheets, color guides, stylist support and more for free. Professionals can simply sign up online for access.
Photo courtesy of Instagram.com/tarajiphenson