Wella, the salon professional division of P&G, just announced the 12 finalists of the 2015 #WellaCares Challenge. A total of $30,000 in prizes will be awarded to hairdressers and salon owners who are making a noticeable impact in their communities, both through charity work as well as environmental conservation efforts.
Two (2) Grand Prize Winners of USD $10,000, and ten (10) Runner Up Winners of USD $1,000 will be announced TBD, 2015.
The #WellaCares Challenge is part of Wella’s Hairdressers at Heart program, which provides lifetime career support at four critical stages of a hairdresser’s career: student, new talent, working hairdresser and salon owner. Aimed to help hairdressers and salon owners amplify their contributions to charity within their local communities, participants from across North America submitted videos and essays that revealed their passion and actionable efforts towards various charity-driven causes and contributing to environmental sustainability via their salons. Finalists were chosen by a combination of web-based public voting and a judging panel of industry experts.
The finalists are (in alphabetical order):
- Cathy Brown-Issel for Ele’s Place, Brown and DeLine Salon, Ann Arbor MI
- Christopher Lane Blackmer for CCSO Crimes Against Persons Unit, Razzle Dazzle College, Caldwell ND
- Donna Richardson, Simply Hair Salon, Cynthiana KY
- Gabbie Vossler, Glass Door Salon and Spa, Anaheim CA
- Kristine Singer, Solo Salon, Chicago IL
- Linden Glavich, The Linden & Company Salon and Spa, Eureka CA
- Lori Maclean, Essential Elements Hair, Antigonish NS
- Michelle Erjavac for The Warrior Support Team, United Hairlines, Morton Grove IL
- Rebecca Wood for Haircuts for Hospice, Cloud 9 Salon, Mapleton ND
- Sam Pecoraro for YWCA Women’s Domestic Violence Group, Pecoraro Salon, Lockport NY
- Stephanie Gearheart for The Daisy Project, Prime Designz Salon, Lake Orion MI
- Vivian Pisano, The Secret Garden Spa, Colts Neck, NJ
The next #WellaCares Challenge will commence in the spring of 2016. For more information and updates, please, visit www.HairdressersAtHeart.com