Kyle Locklin, stylist at Aurelio Salon (Howell and Toms River, NJ), had a client who wanted a Rooty Ombré. “She was a level 6 with level 7 and 8 highlights, but her natural base level was a 5. She wanted minimal upkeep, so I though about the colors in a Monarch Butterfly and it inspired me,” says Locklin.
- – Goldwell Top Chic 5nn with equal parts 10 Volume
- – Goldwell Oxycur 10 and 20 Volume
- – Glaze for for Midshaft: Goldwell Colorance 8BA
- – Glaze for Ends: Goldwell Colorance 9BA
Step by Step:
- ● Apply 5nn as a regular retouch and then dramatically fan the color down into the midshaft.
● Then, use a wide tooth comb to distribute color and ensure everything is blended smoothly.
● Weave out the hair to be lightened using a board (back of the hand also works) and paint Goldwell Oxycur Lightener onto the hair using a V technique.
● Then, use the leftover root touch formula and feather it into the lightener to avoid any harsh lines.
● After processing, shampoo with Goldwell Color Fade Stop Shampoo.
● Glaze with 2 separate formulas: for the midshaft, use Goldwell Colorance 8BA and Goldwell Colorance 9BA for the ends for a smooth gradient look.