New York’s elite showed off some gorgeous spring styles and beauty looks at the New York City Ballet Gala, but if there’s one thing we’re still swooning over, it’s Olivia Palermo’s dreamy 4-strand braid.
Redken Styling & Grooming Expert Jenny Balding shares with us the inside scoop on how you can recreate this look with just a few simple steps and two essential Redken products.
“You need the right combination of textures to achieve this look. It’s whispy and airy at the front, but comes back into an intricate braid, which is very romantic and beautiful. Redken’s Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray and Braid Aid 03 braid defining lotion are the perfect products because they add just the right amount of hold and grip without looking over-product-y,” says Jenny.
Get the Look:
- 1. Start by spraying Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over the hair, and then apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Braid Aid 03 braid defining lotion from mid-lengths to ends to add some grip.
- 2. Divide hair into four equal sections. Take the two middle sections, and cross one on top of the other to make an “x.”
- 3. While keeping these two middle sections crossed, take the remaining section from the left side, and cross it underneath the sections that are crossed, holding it in between those two sections.
- 4. Keeping those three sections of hair in place, take the final section of hair from the right side and cross it over the section of hair that was used to create the original “x.”
- 5. Starting from the other side, cross the outermost strand under the section next to it, and then over the next piece. Repeat this step until you get to the end of your hair and secure with an elastic.
- 6. Finish with another mist of Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray for added hold with a lightweight, airy finish.
Photos: Getty Images