Proving that inspiration can come in any form, British singer Lily Allen transformed her ever-changing tresses into a vibrant watermelon-inspired ‘do.
She has rocked everything from blonde, brunette, pink, red and a purple/pink ombré. This time, Allen’s stylist Alex Brownsell went with bright, summery hues, which Lily referred to as “watermelon” hair, for her supposed last creative color hurrah before her upcoming 30th birthday!
If you’re looking to re-create this brightly-hued, fruit-inspired look, Pravana Artistic Color Director Vadre Grigsby shares the below formula and technique using Pravana’s highly-pigmented, long-lasting ChromaSilk Vivids line.
1. Pre-lighten hair to a level 10 using Pure Light Power Lightener with preferred choice of developer. Pure Light Power Lightener’s micro-encapsulated, time-released lightening beads ensure even and gentle processing for 7+ levels of lift. Shampoo and dry the hair completely.
2. For the first color, combine four parts ChromaSilk Vivids Pastels in Mystical Mint, one part Vivids Neon Green and two parts Vivids Clear then apply nearest to the scalp for the first two to three inches, leaving a 1Ž2-inch to one-inch section at scalp.
3. Combine two parts Vivids Yellow, one part Pastels Mystical Mint and one part Vivids Clear, then blend into the first color and about two inches towards the length.
4. Begin feathering the third color, a combination of two parts Pastels Too Cute Coral, one part Neons Orange and one part Neons Pink, into the second shade and down through the lengths of the hair.
5. Process for 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
6. Rinse using cool water, then shampoo lightly with Vivids Color Protect Shampoo, rinsing until the water runs clear. Follow up with Vivids Color Protect Conditioner and Vivids Color Protect Sealing Spray.