At the White House Correspondent’s Dinner Michelle Obama stunned with her new curly hair. The First Lady showed up not with her usual straight hair, but with a curlier look. We were so inspired by Michelle’s hair that we decided to turn to the experts to recreate the look!
Richard Mannah, the International Artistic Director at label.m USA says: “It’s nice to see a change with hair even if it means going from straight to curly. We are seeing natural diffused curls come back. We are seeing it with Rihanna, we are seeing it in lots of editorial shoots and now with Michelle Obama. It’s fun, it’s free and playful. Great for the summer humidity. The key is to not make it look frizzy. Natural curls need moisture to prevent frizz so I highly recommend label.m curl cream and leave-in conditioner.”
Learn how to recreate Michelle’s look with Richard Mannah @ label.m!
- 1. After shampooing with label.m therapy (sulphate free) shampoo and conditioner I would apply directly in towel dried hair some leave-in conditioner.
- 2. Apply curl cream and begin to scrunch and twist random sections.
- 3. Begin to diffuse the hair by letting the dryer do most of the work. Note: try not to touch the hair too much whilst drying as this will create frizz.
- 4. Once completely dried, then begin to touch and scrunch with your hands to soften the curl.
- 5. For a bigger over all shape you should completely shake it out when dry. This will create volume and looseness through out the curls.
- 6. Finish off with some shine spray or soufflé for added definition.
Photos: Getty Images