Kylie did it again! Color chameleon Jenner, who’s rocked everything from long, dark locks to dipped turquoise tips, gray strands and blonde ombré, returned to her favorite aqua shade in preparation for the Coachella Festival some days ago.
This time, Kylie went all the way, transforming her entire mane into mermaid-inspired tresses.
Vibrant pastels continue to take over the strands of our favorite celebs, including the fellow mermaid-haired Hilary Duff and the unicorn-pink locks of Julianne Hough, in the past month. Andy Lecompte Salon colorist and Pravana guest artist Danny Moon, who is responsible for Jenner’s turquoise tips and Nicole Richie’s lavender locks last year, noted that, “vibrant pastels are trending because they’re a great way to test the waters of creative color.”
Pastel tones fade beautifully over time, adding a hint of iridescence and require a bit less commitment than their brighter, bolder counterparts. For Jenner’s look in 2014, Moon combined blue and green Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids shades to get the best color for her skin tone and to add dimension.
To re-create Jenner’s current look, Pravana stylist Jamie Muniz shares a step-by-step using Pravana’s highly-pigmented ChromaSilk Vivids:
- 1. Pre-lighten hair from mid shaft to ends to a level 10 using Pure Light Power Lightener and preferred choice of developer.
- 2. Shampoo the hair and dry completely.
- 3. Mix three ounces Vivids Pastels Mystical Mint, three ounces Vivids Neon Blue and a pea-size drop of Vivids Neon Yellow.
- 4. Process between 20 and 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 5. Rinse with cool water.
- 6. Shampoo lightly and condition to seal color with Vivids Color Protect after care products.
- 7. Style as desired.
Photos: Instagram @KylieJenner