From Luxe Blur and ombre to babylights and sombre, trendy yet achievable color is in this season. With Redken’s NEW! Limited Edition Color Rebel Naturals temporary hair makeup, available in five natural shades, rock everything from the hottest new blur trends to subtle rose gold tones in just minutes, providing the same look of permanent color without the commitment!
“Trends like ombre and highlights are the perfect solution to low-maintenance color which my celebrity clients, brunettes and blondes alike, are constantly asking for,” says Redken Celebrity Colorist Tracey Cunningham. “Color Rebel Naturals take these trends to a new level, making it easy to create a DIY ombre look, add subtle highlights or a touch of shimmer at-home and without the commitment!”
Using makeup technology with direct color pigments, Color Rebel deposits a very fine colored micro-coating on the surface of the hair, making it resistant against water and mechanical aggressors, such as brushing, blowdrying or flatironing. The hydrophobic nature of its micro-coating limits modification or transfer due to water. Water slides along the surface of the hair fibers coated by Color Rebel. Color Rebel washes out easily after two to five shampoos, depending on the hair’s state and porosity.
● NEW! Pearlescent pigments create multi-dimensional iridescent color effects (featured in the Limited Edition Color Rebel Naturals shades only)
● Water-based ink allows for easy flow through the sponge applicator and dries quickly
● Polymer duo limits the transfer of color and coats each hair individually without clumping
● Clay allows the polymer duo to disperse in water for a fluid application and ultra-thin coating
HOW TO USE
Use Color Rebel to achieve the look you want in just a few easy steps.
- 1. Prime the product by shaking well and twisting the cap in the direction of the arrows until the tip is saturated.
- 2. Apply Color Rebel to clean or day-after hair by gently pulling sections taut and applying in a smooth sweeping motion. Start with a light layer – you can always add more to build color intensity.
- 3. Simply let hair air dry or blowdry for faster results. Keep combing or brushing to a minimum after applying as this will break up the color pigments. Color Rebel washes out easily after two to five shampoos, depending on the hair’s state and porosity.
HOT TIP: For a more subtle effect, dispense just a drop of product on the sponge tip applicator and use longer sweeping motions to apply the color in one thin layer to a smaller section of hair. Gently comb or brush each section to break up the color pigments.
For clients who aren’t ready to commit to the new Luxe Blur looks, Redken’s NEW! Limited Edition Color Rebel Naturals allows users to combine two shades of Color Rebel to recreate the three Luxe Blur looks – Rebel Blur, Midnight Rebel Blur and Champagne Rebel Blur – at home without the commitment of permanent salon color.
- ● NEW! Limited Edition Knock ‘Em Blonde (blonde): Go ombre! Apply Knock ‘em Blonde from mid-lengths to ends, using light to medium pressure as you work down each section. You’ll have diffused, ombre color, without the commitment!
- ● NEW! Limited Edition No Holds Brunette (brunette): Get rich… your haircolor, that is! Add rich brunette lowlights with No Holds Brunette. Have blonde hair? Try a few brunette lowlights in your underneath layers to give your style extra edge.
- ● NEW! Limited Edition Hazel & Confused (hazel): Want to lighten up dark brunette hair just a touch? Try some (temporary) face-framing highlights. Apply Hazel & Confused to thin sections around your face and on your fringe.
- ● NEW! Limited Edition Rose Revolution (rose gold): Love rose-gold jewelry? Add a little glimmer to your updo with Rose Revolution, a shimmering rose-gold. Pull hair into a ponytail, apply to select strands, then pin into a loose twist.
- ● NEW! Limited Edition Call the Coppers (copper): Add interest to your next braid. Split hair into three sections, as if you were making a basic braid. Isolate one piece and apply Call the Coppers. Braid as usual for pops of eye-catching copper.
1. Oil Cleansing: Apply a dab of Redken All Soft Argan-6 Oil, Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine or Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist to each section where you would like to remove Color Rebel. Then, rub each section between fingers to dissolve and remove color pigments. Lastly, shampoo with Redken Hair Cleansing Cream and again with your favorite Redken shampoo.
2. Redken Stain Removal Pads: Rub a Redken Stain Removal Pad along the section of hair where you would like to remove Color Rebel, following the grain of the hair to dissolve. Shampoo with Redken Hair Cleansing Cream and again with your favorite Redken shampoo.