For the second year in row, Paul Mitchell’s eco-conscious brand Tea Tree is partnering with Reforest’Action—a Paris-based environmental organization that plants trees worldwide—to reforest areas in need.
This year, in honor of Earth Month, Paul Mitchell’s goal is to reach a total of 300,000 trees planted by April 30, 2015 with the support of enthusiasts near and far. Paul Mitchell is urging the Tea Tree community to get involved in The Green Takeover by getting online to plant a FREE tree.
Planting a tree on behalf of Tea Tree is easy—follow these simple steps:
- 1. Visit our website here paulmitchell.com/reforestaction
- 2. Click on “Plant Now” link to redeem your FREE tree
- 3. Select the Paul Mitchell plot where you’d like to redeem your tree
- 4. Enter code TEATREE15 and fill out the required field. Press validate to plant your tree
- 5. Be sure to green your social media profile with The Green Takeover image
Eco-inspired Tea Tree brand has long supported healthy forests. Today we’re proudly supporting Reforest’Action to plant Maya Nut trees in San Martin Province, Peru and Sayaxche, in Peten Department, Guatemala. Located in the upper part of the Peruvian Amazon rainforest, San Martin Province is being deforested due to logging, mining, agriculture and an influx of settlers. The woodlands in Sayaxche are being cut down for large-scale agriculture, oil exploration and mining. While tropical forests like these only take up 6% of the world’s surface, they house an enormous volume of plant and animal life—approximately one half to three-quarters.
Tea Tree The Green Takeover has made a commitment to:
- ● Reach a total number of 500,000 trees planted by the end of 2016 (since Tea Tree’s inception)
- ● Sequester more than 85,000 tons of CO2 during the trees’ lifetime
- ● Benefit local communities through better health and nutrition, as well as additional revenue
- ● Protect soil from depletion and erosion caused by deforestation
Join The Green Takeover conversation online. Spread the word about Tea Tree mission and your contribution by posting the Green Takeover graphic, or upload your own image with the hashtag #GreenTakeover and don’t forget to tag @PaulMitchellUS.
For more information, visit PaulMitchell.com