Since 2000, The STARS and RISING STARS Photo Competition, established salon professionals as well as those just entering our exciting industry, have enthusiastically embraced this showcase of hair and beauty.
Sponsored by Cosmetologists Chicago (CC), this popular contest proves the creativity, talent, technical expertise and competitive spirit of the hundreds who choose to enter. The competitors’ work is judged on technical merit, execution and suitability of the styles of each category, as well as concept and overall approach.
The winners of the 2015 STARS and RISING STARS Photo Competition were announced at America’s Beauty Show, March 21-23, 2015, at McCormick Place in downtown Chicago, and each received $750.
The 2014 STARS Winners ARE…
- ColorAmerica – Colorist of the Year – Gabi Kutkut, Ladies & Gentlemen Salon, Chicago, IL
- Makeover Expert – Mio Sota, Trio Salon, Chicago, IL
- Hair Fashion Visionary – Avant Garde – Tiffany Bartley, Mario Tricoci Salons & Spas, Palatine, IL
- Men’s Look Champion – DJ Victory-Franceschelli, Salon Enzo, North Royalton, OH
- Texture Champion – Jennifer Price, Zano Salons & Spas, Naperville, IL
- RISING Star of ABS 2015 (Student Category) – Abbey Janas, Ladies & Gentlemen, Chicago, IL
The Leo Passage Gold Trophy
Paying homage to the late Leo Passage, the third annual “Leo Passage Gold Trophy” was awarded to DJ Victory-Franceschelli, Salon Enzo, North Royalton, OH for the highest cumulative points among the three categories she entered in the STARS Photo Competition. Her name will be engraved on the Leo Passage Gold Trophy, which is on permanent display in Pivot Point’s world headquarters. DJ also received a replica of the permanent trophy and cash awards of $1,500.
The STARS Photo Competitions encourage talent and creativity among hairstylists, make-up artists and students in technical execution, fashion awareness and photo expertise. Entries are artistic yet “real” and show salon creativity by requiring both before and after photos of a model and/or client. More information is available at AmericasBeautyShow.com
Save the date! America’s Beauty Show will be held March 12-14, 2016, at McCormick Place in Chicago.