For light-and dark-haired clients alike, lightening trends continue to manifest themselves in all of today’s top haircolor trends. With blonde services accounting for nearly 50% of all salon color services*, the need for a custom range of lightening products has never been greater.
Revolutionizing what it means to be blonde, the launch of Redken’s NEW! Blonde Idol Professional Haircolor Collection allows clients to achieve customized lightened shades of up to 7 levels, no matter their natural shade. “We continue to see Hollywood trends defy the common misconception that highlights are just for blondes. In reality, highlights are flattering on all clients whether they are a platinum blonde or a dark brunette,” says Tracey Cunningham, Redken Celebrity Colorist. “The new Blonde Idol Professional Haircolor Collection is one of the most consistent and easy to apply color formulas I have ever worked with. It allows for so much versatility and customization on all looks, from balayage to babylights to ombre to all-over color!”
The Blonde Idol Professional Haircolor Collection features three products including eight new Blonde Idol High Lift shades to provide multiple lifting speeds and power, no matter the existing hair type or color. The launch also includes a Blonde Idol Applicator Bottle and the first-ever Redken Blonde Idol Balayage Paddle, creating a more stable surface for even and natural looking results. Whether your client is a medium brunette looking for rich caramel highlights, a dark blonde in search of a golden blonde ombre or a light blonde looking to enhance pale blonde tones, customizable highlights are now easier than ever to achieve.
Each of the new products feature ingredients specifically designed to protect and revitalize the hair, including ceramides that repair and seal to help protect color, cationic polymers which nourish and smooth the hair fiber for condition and shine, and conditioning violet leaf extracts to optimize the state of the hair.
Who is the Blonde Idol Professional Haircolor Collection best for?
● Clients looking to achieve the widest variety of blonde shades, from icy platinum to balanced beige.
● Clients in need of subtle brightening and with little time to spare.
Features of the NEW Blonde Idol High Lift Conditioning Cream Haircolor:
● Achieve up to 5 levels of lift in one simple step.
● Eight new never-brassy shades including six cool shades, one warm shade, and one neutral. The NEW! shades include Pearl (.9) shade, and Beige (.13) and Natural Ash (.01) families.
● Perfect for balayage, all-over techniques and highlights on all levels.
● Mix 1:2 20-40 vol. Pro-oxide Cream Developer for up to 45 minutes at room temperature; do not use heat
Features of the NEW Blonde Idol Blue Oil Lightening System oil lightener:
● Achieve up to 7 levels of lift, controlled through the addition of the innovative powder activator(s).
● Three-component system formulated for on-and off-scalp customizable lightening.
● Luxuriously smooth, moist consistency for easy application and mixing.
● System kit includes: 1 60mL oil bottle and four 12.5g Powder Packets for customizable application using 1 or 2 packets per application.
● Mix 1:1:2 or 2:1:2 (Powder Packet(s), oil, 10-20 vol. Pro-oxide Cream Developer); Process until desired lightness is achieved , no more than 50 minutes
Features of the NEW Blonde Idol Base Breaker liquid:
● Achieve up to 1 level of lift in 10 minutes in one quick step.
● Two shades: Cool to control warmth, and Clear when warmth is desired.
● Ideal for root touch ups, express services, and consumers who have too much contrast between their natural base color and highlights.
● Mix 1:1 10 or 20 vol. Pro-oxide Cream Developer for 45 minutes.
*2013 Redken survey of 600 Redken artists, stylist databank, +400 sales consultants