There’s a new wavy texture right now, it’s not beachy or polished, it’s sort of in between wavy and straight, kind of like nonchalant beauty – a little dirty and sexy and the waves don’t look like they’re all going the same direction.
It’s Jessica Szohr’s (Gossip Girl, Brightest Star, Lucky in Love) signature look – it appears like she didn’t think about her hair at all, yet it looks amazing… all the time. Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care, gives a how to on the look she recently created on Szohr for a part she’s playing in a new show she’s filming.
● For fine hair, apply a volumizer like Pureology Colour Stylist Root Lift Humidity-Resistant Cream Spray Mousse, for hair with more volume; use something like a relaxing balm like Pureology Super Smooth Relaxing Serum. Apply roots to ends.
● Blow dry hair smooth with a medium round brush – it seems counterintuitive for a look that’s actually not smooth, but it creates a nice foundation and polish to the ends.
● Using a large 1 3/4” curling iron, take horizontal sections at the nape and subdivide into 1” sections. Open iron, wind hair around the barrel, 1/2 way down the strand, leaving out the last 2” of hair (the ends). Hold, release and let cool. Repeat for each section, working way up to the top.
● At the top, bricklay sections away from the face. Always wrap hair around the face away from the face so it moves away and looks more natural. When hair is curled towards the face it looks too contrived.
● Ruffle the texture by pulling on the ends and shaking it up a bit.
● Rub a small amount of cream wax, like Pureology Colour Stylist Density Definer, onto fingertips and piece out little sections on the surface for a more separated look.
● Finish with Pureology Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray.
“This is a look that almost anyone can wear; it adds a sexy little edge to any length hair yet it’s relaxed enough to looks organic,” says Roche.
Learn more about Roche on http://ruthroche.com