Strong and powerful, slightly aerodynamic, with a strict Victorian feel: get the Issey Miyake FW2015 Look created by Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Care and Styling.
The historical reference that provides the foundation of the style is made modern and high tech with contrasting finishes.
“There was no specific brief for this show, instead I responded to the collection and formed an idea of how I would like this girl to look. The clothes are light, airy and voluminous and the colors are girly and pretty, so I felt that the look needed a smaller, severe and compact head of hair with an explosion of texture at the back. We first experimented with crimping last season, which forced me to rethink an old technique, shaking off the 80’s connotations and finding new ways to make the effect look beautiful and tasteful,” said Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Care and Styling.
Get The Look:
- – On freshly blow-dried hair, create a V-shaped, Victorian parting and clip this section out of way.
- – To prepare the sides, spray EIMI Dynamic Fix on a bristle brush and brush through the hair to smooth the surface.
- – Backcomb the underside of the hair to add a little volume and create a slightly rounded shape as you pull the hair back to secure in a ponytail at the nape of the neck. Follow the line of the hair so that just the ear lobes are exposed. This ponytail creates a cushion for the top layers to sit on and creates lift as the girl walks.
- – Lightly coat the ponytail with EIMI Dynamic Fix and crimp in sections, until you have layers of hair that resemble Issey Miyake’s ‘Pleats Please’ fabric.
- – Return to the top section and starting at the apex of the V, lightly spray EIMI Dynamic Fix into the roots, smoothing the hair back to create a small head, aerodynamic feel. Blow dry to set and then crimp the lengths in layers, using the ponytail underneath as a guide for the first crimping line.
- – To finish, spray EIMI Dry Me into the ends, to create a super dry texture and brush through the crimped lengths to let loose an explosion of hair.
NEW EIMI is the first word in styling. With EIMI you can truly be yourself, interpreting the latest global trends, speaking the language of style and individuality. In addition to four brand NEW products, EIMI also incorporates all your favorites from Wella Professionals to complete a comprehensive line up of 31 styling products. EIMI is a celebration of individual style, making A/W ‘15 Fashion Week –a new beginning in the fashion world, full of inspiring creativity, unparalleled craftsmanship and unlimited self-expression– the perfect launch pad for this exciting new brand.
EIMI launches in US salons starting September 2015. For more information, visit www.wella.com