To play up the stony gray palette seen on the runway at Akris’s Fall/Winter 2015 show, Redken Global Creative Director Guido custom-cut wigs into a choppy bowl shape and colored each a beautiful shade of gray using Redken’s Shades EQ.
Guido then sprayed Redken’s Fashion Work 12 versatile working spray all over the hair to enhance the texture and layers of the surfer-inspired cut.
“The look at Akris this season is very Zen and cool, but still very luxurious and a little bit edgy. I custom cut these choppy, kind of punk-y wigs for each girl and then dyed them a few different shades of gray, so you have this very cool palette of grays on the runway. It’s a bit surfer-inspired, but still very modern with the different grays and textures, which I really enhanced with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 hairspray so you can see more of the choppy layers,” says Guido, Redken Global Creative Director.
Create the Look:
- – Apply Redken Hardwear 16 super strong sculpting gel to dry hair from root to ends and comb through until hair is completely saturated
- – Divide hair into two sections (top and bottom) in the back.
- – Clip the bottom section down and out of the way.
- – Using a finishing brush, start to brush the top section flat against the head, following the round of the head in one direction.
- – Repeat with each section, making sure it’s very clean and neat-looking when finished.
- – Blow dry hair until completely dry.
- – Apply Redken Control Addict 28 high hold hairspray to smooth any fly-aways.
- – Place wig on head.
- – Cut the wig into a choppy bowl-shape with short bangs.
- – Spray Redken Fashion Work 12 versatile working spray all over the hair to enhance texture.
- – To maintain the cool gray tones, use Redken Blonde Idol Custom-Tone Conditioner in violet as needed.
Photos: Getty Images