To complement Christian Dior’s Fall/Winter 2015 Collection, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a sophisticated, sci-fi-inspired side ponytail for the runway show in Paris. Learn how to recreate it!
Guido used Redken’s Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to achieve a super smooth blow dry, and then created a deep side part before gathering hair into a low side pony. He finished the asymmetrical style with a mist of Redken’s Fashion Work 12 versatile working spray for a clean, modern look.
“I created this very long, asymmetrical side ponytail at Christian Dior this season, but it’s not your standard, fun, side pony. There’s something sinister and almost strange about it. It’s sophisticated, but very sci-fi and has somewhat of a child-like quality. First, I prepped and blow dried the hair with Redken’s Satinwear 02, so it’s super straight and smooth. Then, I created a deep, exaggerated side part and gathered the hair into this smooth, low side ponytail, getting a clean finish with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 hairspray. It has a strange sense to it because it’s so asymmetrical and has such extreme length. It’s really a continuation of the woman we’ve been seeing this season, who is more done with a very modern, futuristic feeling,” says Guido, Redken Global Creative Director.
Create the Look:
- – After shampooing, apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Extreme Length Primer to wet hair and rinse out.
- – Brush Redken Extreme Length Sealer on damp hair from mid-lengths to ends.
- – Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry express primer all over damp hair.
- – Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
- – Use a comb to create a deep side part and blow dry smooth using a round brush.
- – Gather hair into a low side ponytail, ensuring the sides are super smooth, and secure with an elastic.
- – Take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic to hide it.
- – Spray Redken Fashion Work 12 versatile working spray all over to get a smooth, clean finish.
Photos: Getty Images