Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a futuristic feeling on the runway for Loewe’s Fall/Winter 2015 show with a sleek, David Bowie-inspired hairstyle.
Using Redken’s new Short Sculpt 19 touchable texturizing gel to sculpt the hair into a low ponytail and Redken’s Forceful 23 super strength hairspray to achieve an enamel-like finish, Guido’s style made a bold statement on the runway.
“The look at Loewe this season is inspired by David Bowie – it’s very masculine and a little 1920s, but also has a science fiction and futuristic feeling. I used Redken’s new Short Sculpt 19 to create the very defined head shape, and then combed the hair back into a low ponytail. Then, I finished the look with Redken’s Forceful 23 hairspray to get that very shiny, hard feeling to the finished look,” says Guido, Redken Global Creative Director.
Create the Look:
- – Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- – Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Short Sculpt 19 touchable texturizing gel to damp hair, and then comb through and create a clean side part.
- – Blow dry hair using a round brush to create volume at the front.
- – Thoroughly spray Redken Forceful 23 super strength hairspray all over and comb back into a low ponytail, securing with an elastic at the base of the head.
- – Take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic to conceal it.
- – Finish by misting Redken Control Addict 28 high control hairspray to hold the style and create an enamel-like effect.
Photos: Getty Images / Lucas Flores Piran for Redken