Dolce & Gabbana’s Fall/Winter 2015 runway show celebrated ‘la mamma’ (mother) and ‘la famiglia’ (the family) with a genuine and beautiful look from head to toe! Learn how to recreate the hairstyles!
To enhance the story, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a feminine, loose chignon adorned with charming broaches, pearls and jewels that might have been found in a mother’s jewelry box in the ‘50s. Using Redken’s Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray to add airy, light texture, Guido achieved a pretty, but easy style that’s ideal for the everyday woman.
“There’s always something about this feminine, beautiful Dolce & Gabbana woman that is timeless, and every season, we just reinvent the look in small ways. The whole show is about mothers, so the idea for the hair is this woman getting out of bed and just pinning her hair up in an easy, feminine and beautiful way. The boys wanted a very clean, easy and pretty look, with little bits sticking out, so I created this kind of messy chignon, using pins to hold it in place and drop it over the ears a bit to add some femininity. My main product was Redken’s Wind Blown 05, which I used to get that soft, airy texture, but the real star of the look is the jewelry in the hair. These various broaches, pearls and diamonds that you might find in a mother’s jewelry box back in the ‘50’s. It’s a look that a busy mother can easily do in the morning – it’s not perfect and the accessories aren’t perfect, but that’s what gives the look its charm,” says Guido, Redken Global Creative Director.
Create the Look:
- – Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Guts 10 volumizing spray-foam mousse to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
- – Use fingers to create a messy natural part.
- – Rough blow dry hair until it is 90% dry, letting it fully dry naturally.
- – Thoroughly mist Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over dry hair to add some texture.
- – Emulsify a nickel-size amount of Redken Braid Aid 03 braid defining lotion in hands, and apply to dry hair from mid-lengths to ends for added grip.
- – Twist hair back into a loose, messy chignon that hangs over the ears, and secure with small U-shaped pins.
- – Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over for airy texture.
- – Finish the look by adding accessories or jewelry of choice.
Photos: Getty Images / Lucas Flores Piran for Redken