Inspired by the simple, polished looks from the 20’s and 30’s, Redken Global Creative Director Guido achieved a style with the perfect touch of modernity and masculinity to enhance Jil Sander’s Fall/Winter 2015 show.
With the help of two key Redken products: Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray and Forceful 23 super strength hairspray, Guido created a charming side-swept style that stunned on the runway.
“There’s always a masculine-feminine sort of feeling at Jil Sander – it’s very minimal and a little boyish, and this season there’s a little bit of inspiration from the 20’s and 30’s. I created a messy side part with my fingers, and then used two Redken products to update a very classic, simple look: Wind Blown 05 to add a little texture to the natural hair and Forceful 23 hairspray, which I sprayed in the front to give it some firmness and to hold the side-swept style. Then, I tucked the hair behind the ears and swept it over to one side, securing it with a bobby pin to add just a bit of charm,” says Guido, Redken Global Creative Director.
Create the Look:
- – Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- – Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
- – Use fingers to create a messy middle part.
- – Blow dry hair at the roots to add some volume, but let the length of the hair dry naturally.
- – Thoroughly mist Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over dry hair to add some texture.
- – If desired, pull hair back into a low ponytail or twist into a loose chignon, securing with a U-shaped pin.
Photos: Getty Images / Lucas Flores Piran for Redken