Wella Professionals congratulates all the finalists in the 5th Annual 2015 Wella Student Competition. The competition was fierce this year, with 186 students representing 79 schools across the nation!
Twelve talented cosmetology student finalists will compete live on stage at America’s Beauty Show (Chicago, IL), Monday, March 23, 2015, at 10:30 a.m., for final judging by a distinguished and talented panel.
To enter, students or recent cosmetology school grads of an accredited cosmetology program choose to enter for the annual Wella Professionals or Sebastian Professional hair color and styling competition.
“We are inspired by the enthusiasm, drive and incredible talent of all who have competed this year,” noted Carole Protat, Wella Creative Director North America. “The Wella Student Competition continues to empower beauty school students year after year by providing a platform to perfect their craft and advance in the industry.”
Announcing the finalists in the Sebastian Professional category:
- Zamir Amador, Century College Inc., San Juan, PR
- Samatha Peters, Bellus Academy, Poway, CA
- Galen Suhre, Bellus Academy, Poway, CA
- Faatima White, Bellus Academy, Poway, CA
- Viridiana Cervantes, Beau Monde Academy, Portland, OR
- Zehila Hernandez, Ogle School, Fort Worth, TX
Announcing the finalists in the Wella Professionals category:
- Jesi Wilkerson, Beau Monde College of Hair Design, Portland, OR
- Jessica Laviguer, Avalon School of Cosmetology, Mesz, AZ
- Valeria Lopez, Century College Inc., San Juan, PR
- Clinique Bridgemon, Regency Beauty Institute, Mishawaka, IN
- Kayla Wilson, Metro Beauty Academy, Allentown, PA
- Elizaveta Solovyeva, Bellus Academy, El Cajon, CA
The Wella Student Competition provides first-hand experience working with professional products and training in taking a hair design vision from concept to creation. “It’s a wonderful way to gain experience and start building your professional portfolio,” added Protat.
The top winner in each category will be awarded a $1,000 cash prize, product prizes, a Voucher for training at a Wella Studio, Premium Bloom Membership, and a Candy Shaw Educational DVD.