The International SalonSpa Business Network’s (ISBN) 2015 Conference, “The Multi-Generational Workplace,” takes place May 3-5, 2015, at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, FL.
The conference’s agenda focuses on successfully managing multiple generations in the workplace, from millennials to long-term veterans, and creating the next generation of loyal clients, plus ample time for networking and sharing big ideas and new perspectives between the professional beauty industry’s top business minds.
“When we started planning this year’s agenda, we immediately focused on a topic that is impacting businesses across the country of all sizes—The Multi-Generational Workplace,” explains Rhoda Olsen, ISBN president and CEO of Great Clips. “Today, most of our businesses have employees who range from their early twenties to our veterans in their fifties and sixties. Each generation has its own strong perspectives on management, incentives and work/life balance. Our speakers and panel will share their best advice for managing, motivating and continuing to mentor each group into fulfilling careers.”
“Of course, our salons also serve clients of different generations, so our program includes a workshop on how best to connect with your millennial clients,” she adds. “Consumers today have limited disposable income but maximum options for spending it. Our discussions will focus on how to attract them to our salons, introduce them to professional services and products and earn their long-term loyalty for many years to come.”
The Conference program includes:
• In “Engaging Millennial Consumers,” a keynote and workshop from Jeff Fromm, president of FutureCast, a millennial marketing consultancy, you’ll learn about research and best practices for creating brand engagement for millennials, especially as it relates to the salon and spa industry. Fromm will challenge participants to unlearn and reimagine what they thought they knew about the millennial generation.
• In “On Fire at Work: How to Ignite Passion in Your Employees to Perform Better and Stay Longer,” Eric Chester will share how great leaders create cultures that attract top talent, encourage innovation and collaborative thinking, and inculcate the desire to bring their best on a consistent basis. Based upon the groundbreaking research in his new book, “On Fire at Work: How Great Companies Ignite Passion in Their People without Burning Them Out,” the content will provide actionable, innovative, relevant, and applicable ideas that you can implement to build an invincible and loyal team and better understand and engage your emerging workforce.
• Peter Mahoney, ISBN member and the owner of the Head Shoppe group of companies, Atlantic Canada’s largest chain of full-service salons, will share real-life salon examples based on Fromm’s and Chester’s big ideas.
• In Keys to Success, ISBN members will share their best practices for multi-location salons and spas.
• During ISBN’s annual panel discussion Generational Shifts, ISBN board member Pat Neville will moderate a wide-ranging discussion about the state of our business among a panel of beauty industry leaders.
• “Beauty Meets Technology,” a research presentation on industry trends by Carrie Mellage, vice president, consumer products, for Kline Group, will share data and insights from Kline’s highly regarded syndicated studies regarding beauty market size and growth, channel breakdowns, product trends and the implications for participants in the salon and spa arena.
Sponsors and Speed Meetings:
Back by popular demand, ISBN’s Speed Meetings provide attendees with the opportunity to meet with new brands and catch up with old favorites during 13-minute one-on-one meetings with vendors. The most powerful business-building opportunity in the professional beauty industry also features prizes, refreshments and lots of fun.
Conference sponsors to date include: L’Oréal and John Paul Mitchell Systems at the platinum level; Nufree, Obliphica Professional and TIGI at the gold level; Conair Pro, Macadamia Beauty and Sexy Hair at the silver level; and AG Hair, Aware Products, Bosley, Farouk, Fromm International, HSA Hair Styling Applications, Kao (Goldwell and KMS California), Kaemark, Keune, Label M, Malibu C, Millennium Systems International, Paul Brown Hawaii, Peter Coppola Beauty, Revitalash—Athena Cosmetics, Tangle Angel, Takara Belmont, Web Openings and Zenagen at the bronze level.
To sponsor the Conference, contact Margie Provenzano at firstname.lastname@example.org
The most long-standing benefit is that ISBN’s conferences are built around networking, with plenty of time for chain executives and vendors to share best practices, new ideas, successes and failures. Social events include the annual ISBN Golf Outing, the opening President’s Reception, Club ISBN sponsored by TIGI and the Closing Dinner, courtesy of L’Oréal USA and John Paul Mitchell Systems.
To register for the Conference, visit salonspanetwork.org
For hotel reservations, call 800-5442-8680. Be sure to mention you are attending the ISBN Conference to receive the special discounted rate of U.S. $249.00 per night.
“Whether you’re leading a family chain, an upscale day spa chain, salons for men, a department-store-based salon unit or a retail-based salon company, ISBN welcomes you,” says Olsen. “We also extend an invitation to franchisors and the leaders of multi-unit blow-dry bars, massage chains, nail salons, hair extension salons and esthetics centers. Our individual companies are very diverse, but our mutual interests are powerful. When we develop solutions to the challenges of the marketplace together, each of our individual businesses—and the professional beauty industry—become stronger together. You’ll leave ISBN’s 2015 Conference with usable, take-home strategies and tactics from our speakers and shared by the most successful multi-unit salon and spa owners in the business to take your team and your business to new levels of success.”
The International SalonSpa Business Network is comprised of more than 50 top companies, owning two to 12,000 salons and/or spas each, with combined gross sales of more than $10 billion annually. The membership represents more than 25,000 salons and employs more than 250,000 people licensed in the cosmetology field, who facilitate more than 500 million client transactions per year.
Call 1-866-444-4272 or visit www.salonspanetwork.org for more information on joining and on attending and/or exhibiting at ISBN’s Conference.