Sometimes it’s not just about the latest trend—it’s about taking a cue from the natural beauty around you. The prairie where Aveda shot this collection couldn’t have been a more perfect place for that, blooming with all kinds of interesting wildflowers and buzzing with bees, butterflies and dragonflies.
“Our time off-the-grid felt almost magical, creating a sense of freedom and ease that translated to each look. Hair is as cool, breezy and varied as the plants of the prairie with sleek and choppy bobs, tousled waves, edgy textured layers and larger-than-life ’70s-inspired curls. Blonde is having a moment too, but this time it’s refined to be just the right tone for you, and makeup is soft and natural with vibrant wildflower pops of color here and there. Whether you feel like channeling your inner rock star, bombshell or flower child, there’s a bit of something for everyone here,” says Antoinette Beenders, Aveda Global Creative Director.
“It wasn’t only the prairie’s beauty that drew us there. Native tallgrass prairie is becoming increasingly rare, and so are all the wild bees who live there and pollinate such a lovely abundance of blooms. We hope these images inspire you—not only to experiment with some beautiful new looks, but to protect the world you live in and the creatures who live in it too, because nothing is more beautiful than that.”
- Antoinette Beenders / Global Creative Director
- Ricardo Dinis / Artistic Director, Hair Cutting
- Ian Michael Black / Artistic Director, Hair Color
- Allen Ruiz / Artistic Director, Hair Styling
- Janell Geason / Artistic Director, Makeup
- Tippi Shorter / Artistic Director, Textured Hair
- Rie Hirabayashi / Aveda Editorial Artist, Hair Cut & Styling
- Taylor Tihlarik / Aveda Mentor Purefessional, Makeup
- Holly Leshovsky / Aveda Master Educator
- Jenny Hands / Photographer
- Claire Moyle / Designer
- Lauren Lander / Writer