Referencing the revolutionary, rebellious style of the ‘Guardian Angels’ from the 1980’s, Redken Global Creative Director Guido achieved a style with perfectly defined texture to balance the berets seen on the runway at the Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall/Winter 2015 show.
Guido created light, messy texture by saturating the hair with Redken’s Full Frame 07 all-over volumizing mousse and then allowing the hair to air dry, to enhance each girl’s individual style.
“It’s all about the revolutionary, rebellious girl at Marc by Marc Jacobs today. The Guardian Angels are kind of a reference point for the look, which has a very 80’s feeling. Each girl is wearing a beret with different symbols and badges, which really makes the style. The hair is very textured, which I created by saturating the hair with Redken’s Full Frame 07 mousse, scrunching it a bit with my fingers and then just letting it air dry to get that light, messy texture with just enough definition,” says Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Create the Look:
1. Start with dry hair.
2. Dampen hair by misting water all over using a spray bottle.
3. Create a messy center part using fingers.
4. Apply Redken Full Frame 07 all-over volumizing mousse section by section to fully saturate hair.
5. Scrunch hair with fingers and allow to air dry.
6. Finish with a mist of Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist and put on beret or hat.
Photos: Getty Images / Lucas Flores Piran for Redken