Acclaimed hairstylist Rodney Cutler for Cutler/Redken Salon styled for the Tadashi Shoji Fall/Winter 2015 presentation during NYFW drawing inspiration from Old Hollywood looks. Learn how to recreate the style!
“This collection is all about airy, easy, elegance with a fresh take on old Hollywood style. Once I saw the fabrics, I knew I wanted to complement this idea. The hair looks luxe with the voluminous curls, but young and sleek in the front with the severe part and silky texture,” says lead stylist, Rodney Cutler.
- 1. Apply a generous amount of Redken Full Frame 07 – All Over Volumizing Mousse from roots to ends of towel-dried hair.
- 2. Create a deep side part and separate three sections. Two in the front, from the side part directly down behind the ears, and a third in the back with the remaining hair.
- 3. Blow dry the back section with an upward motion to create volume. Blow dry side sections pulling the hair away from the face for a slicked back look.
- 4. Curl full head using a 1 1/4 inch curling iron. Pin each curl to the head using U pins. Allow hair to cool.
- 5. Once hair is set (cold) gently brush to drop the curl and smooth the crown, for a natural amount of volume.
- 6. Rub a dime size amount of Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 – Cushioning Blow Dry Gel into your hands, apply where needed to keep the sides flat and neat. Brush through.
- 7. Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 – Dry Finishing Spray all over to secure look.
Photos: Jane Kratochvil for Jane Kratochvil Photography/Cutler Salon