Aveda Guest Artist Frank Rizzieri created textured bends for Novis Fall/Winter 2015 collection at NYFW. Learn how to recreate the look!
Designer Jordana Warmflash’s inspiration for the Fall/Winter 2015 collection came from the shapes, patterns, textures, and use of color in displayed in Matisse’s Cut-Outs.
To complement the bright clothes featuring shapes and cut-outs, Rizzieri created wearable tousled waves, perfect for a city girl’s afternoon at the museum. The look is healthy and fresh with slightly bended strands and hints of texture. “This is the cool yet sophisticated city girl that you see in the museum and can’t help but stare at. You can’t look away because there’s something about her that’s just so intriguing,” Rizzieri says.
How to Get the Look!
- Step 1: Starting with clean hair, blow dry with the Aveda Wooden Paddle Brush.
- Step 2: Once halfway dry, section hair and mist Pure Abundance™ Style Prep™ from roots to ends throughout for added volume and grip.
- Step 3: Finish drying hair in sections with the brush for a slightly rounded straight style. Once hair is dry, apply Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion for added body and texture
- Step 4: Comb through hair with a wide tooth comb and create an uneven center part, letting the hair fall naturally.
- Step 5: Focusing on the top layer of hair, build in bends by using a 1.75″ and .75″ double-barrel iron, intermittently wrapping sections of hair around the larger barrel through to the smaller barrel, leaving 1 – 2″ straight to the ends.
- Step 6: Emulsify 5 drops of Dry Remedy™ Daily Moisturizing Oil and gently tousle hair for added sheen.
- Step 7: To finish, set with a light mist of Air Control™ Hair Spray.
Photos: Getty Images/Aveda