Catwalk by TIGI US Creative Director Thomas Osborn created intergalactic warrior tresses to complement the Luke Skywalker-inspired AW15 Collection by Mara Hoffman.
Mara Hoffman’s Autumn/Winter 2015 collection is inspired by the ‘spirit of Europe’s wild men’ and none other than Luke Skywalker. Acting as the glue to connect the Earth to the Sky, this spirit assumes a dual personality – crossing the line between human and animal, and civilization to wilderness. To complement her jedi-inspired collection, Hoffman teamed up with Catwalk by TIGI US Creative Director Thomas Osborn to create intergalactic warrior tresses for the runway. “This collection is about keeping your feet on the ground, hands in the sky, and allowing the force to be with you at all times,” says Mara Hoffman.
• Prep the hair with Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Salt Spray and create a clean, center part from hairline to nape, securing hair in two low ponytails (for the time being).
• Use a paddle brush and a bit of Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Work It Hairspray to smooth hair and set the severity of the part.
• Using pins, secure one extra‐long, pre‐made braid (using extensions) just behind the ear and cross over the crown. Repeat with a second pre‐made braid in the opposite direction, crossing over the other braid to make an “X” on top of the head.
• Next, remove elastics from pigtails and begin braiding the ends of the braids into each pony, using a 3‐strand technique and incorporating wefts of hair into the braid as you go to add length. Secure each side with an elastic, leaving a significant amount of unbraided hair below the elastic.
• Secure the two braids together, taking care to hide the pins and create the illusion of intertwined braids.
• Use fingers to pull on pieces of the braid to create an undone texture and set the look with Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Work It Hairspray.