Macadamia Professional’s International Creative Director, Giannandrea, made weightless bohemian waves as he styled actress Natalie Dormer’s hair for the 2015 SAG Awards. Learn how to recreate the look!
The actress wanted to create a “Bohemian Spring” air about her look and did so in a lovely fashion, wearing a long, asymmetrical floral gown designed by Naeem Khan.
Dormer’s golden locks looked weightless as the focus was on soft texture. Below, Giannandrea provides a step-by-step on creating this look!
1. Start with towel dried hair and apply Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray ($31.95) to the whole length of the hair to create a soft and supple base before applying Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer ($25) from roots to end in order to create hold.
2. Rough blow-dry the whole head upside down to 85% dry to create overall volume.
3. Use a large round brush on the top section of hair and use a paddle brush for the rest.
4. Create a side part and then section the rest of the hair in 4 parts, brushing each section gently with a wide comb. Spray each section with Macadamia Professional Control Working Spray ($23).
5. Next, twist each section, creating a small twisted bun and secure with pins, leaving 2 inches of the ends out. When that is finished, use a diffuser and blow-dry the remaining 15% of the twists.
6. Let the hair cool for 10 minutes before taking the twists out. Using your hands, stretch each section of hair down and smooth any kinks with a small flat iron.
7. After that run Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream ($26) through the whole length of the hair to separate the strands and provide texture. Use product left on your hands to push the parted top section backwards and slightly off to the side, twisting the hair back gently to create volume on top, and pinning into place.
8. Let the hair flow down on the pinned side and push the remaining hair behind the shoulder to accentuate the hair flowing from the pinned part.
9. Spray the top hair with Macadamia Control Working Spray to set the style with a frizz free finish and let the rest flow free!
Photos: Getty Images