Kristin Heitkotter (Tracey Mattingly) styled Camila Alves for the 2015 SAG Awards in Los Angeles. Heitkotter styled Alves’ hair using Keratherapy products and exclaimed how the products worked so wonderfully in Camila’s hair as she has super coarse, dry hair.
The Keratherapy line was just what her dry tresses needed to infuse her just-colored locks with some added moisture and shine leaving them red-carpet ready! Camila wore her hair down with one side pushed back behind her ear and a loose wave throughout. To achieve this look, Heitkotter used the following steps and products:
Get the Look!
1. Before blow-drying Camila’s hair, Kristin sprayed Keratherapy Leave-In Conditioner throughout. A weightless, multi-purpose conditioning spray that nourishes and hydrates hair to give it a healthy, shiny and refreshed look infused with wheat germ and jojoba seed oils. Kristein said that since Camila has “very curly” hair and it tends to be difficult to blow-dry, this product made her hair smooth and shiny!
2. Then she applied Keratherapy Daily Smoothing Cream for it’s heat-activation to seal the cuticle and eradicated frizz while shielding hair from damage caused by heat styling and using a large 3” round brush she blow-dried Camila’s hair
3. After hair was completely dry, Kristin sprayed Keratherapy Rapid Rescue to hydrate hair before curling sections with a 1 ½“ curling-iron, then pinning each section and letting them cool for 10 minutes
4. She then ran 1-pump of Keratherapy Argan Oil through Camila’s ends for added red-carpet shine and finished off with
5. Keratherapy’s Perfect Hold Hairspray –adding a layer of protection from humidity– and to push Camila’s hair to side behind her ear and then all over to set in place. “This hairspray had such a fantastic hold to it!” Heitkotter exclaimed. “I love it for red-carpet events.“
Photos: Getty Images