Emily Blunt, winner of the Critic’s Choice Award for Best Actress in an Action Film (“Edge of Tomorrow”), dazzled in glamorous red Emilio Pucci dress and gorgeous hair created by celebrity stylist Ashley Streicher for Rich Hair Care.
“It’s sexy, “cool girl” hair,” said Streicher, “tousled, textured, waved and volumized! After discussing the look with her make-up artist, my sister Jenn Streicher, we agreed that since the gown was so formal, we wanted to “cool” up the hair a bit and do a bronzed smokey eye and nude lip. Emily loved the idea.“
“Emily had just come home after getting fresh blonde balayaged highlights with Tracey Cunningham, arriving with wet, freshly washed hair. It was actually great for the texture that I wanted to create for her.”
Get the Look with Ashley Streicher:
1. I combed RICH Argan Volumizing Mousse through her wet hair from roots to ends and blow dried with a round brush for natural volume.
2. I then center parted her hair and added volume at the crown.
3. Next, I took about 1 1/2 square inch sections (starting at the nape of the neck) and sprayed each with RICH Sure Hold Hairspray before wrapping them around a 1 inch hot rod, leaving just the very ends out.
4. When releasing the hair from the barrel, I pulled it straight down to cool while slightly roughing it up with my fingers. I did this all the way up the head until the very top front.
5. On top front, I made an “S” wave with my flat iron.
6. I then warmed a small amount of RICH Rejuvenating Argan Oil Elixir in my palms and pulled it through all of her ends while shaking some of her wave out. This seperated the texture while keeping the ends healthy looking and shiny.
7. I then gently back combed the crown and gave her a nice little head rub to create some texture and break up the curl
8. To complete, I quickly ran a flat iron over random curls, to make it a little less perfect, while keeping the volume.
9. I locked the look with RICH Sure Hold Hairspray! Viola! Sexy “cool girl” hair!
Photos: Getty Images