From glamorous Hollywood waves and deep side parts to tousled ponytails and sleek buns, we saw so many amazing hairstyles hit the red carpet at this year’s Golden Globes!
Rodney Cutler, Redken Ambassador, Owner of Cutler Salons in NYC and StyleSeat Advocate has put together a few simple tips so you can master these red carpet favorites!
How to recreate Sienna Miller’s Edgy Side-Swept Lob
Look as stylish as Sienna by following these 5 quick steps for mastering one of the hottest looks of the season:
Prep: Apply Redken Full Frame 07 All-Over Volumizing Mousse the roots of hair. Blow dry hair with a large round brush for extra volume.
1. Create a side part using a comb.
2. Divide hair into layered sections and start with the bottom pieces. To create these flowing, defined waves, start at the mid-lengths of the hair and curl using a 1” curling iron.
3. Separate curls with fingers to create loose waves.
4. Spray Redken Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray generously all over hair.
5. Tuck front piece of hair into waves on the right side and secure with bobby pins. Apply Redken Rewind 06 Pliable Styling Paste to ends of hair for definition.
How to recreate Laura Prepon’s Glamorous Waves
Achieve Laura’s dramatic old-Hollywood-meets-new look by following these easy tips:
Prep: Apply Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer to wet hair for a glossy look. Blow dry hair with a paddle brush.
1. Straighten hair with a flat iron.
2. Divide hair into two sections and clip top layer of hair on top of the head.
3. Spray bottom section of hair with Redken Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Hair Spray and curl starting at the ear by wrapping pieces around a 2” inch curling iron. Curl all pieces in the same direction and hold curling iron vertically.
4. Unclip top layer of hair and use a comb to create a side part and spray with Redken Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Hair Spray. Unlike middle parts, which can be difficult to pull off, side parts are flattering on everyone.
5. Continue to curl hair, starting with the piece closest to the face on the dominant side.
6. Brush hair with paddle brush after curling to soften waves.
7. Pin the front section of hair back behind ear on side with less hair using bobby pins.
8. Apply hair spray as needed to hold the hair in place to show off your luxurious flat waves. The key to mastering this look is to add that gorgeous shine to the hair by applying a modest amount of Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine.
Photos: Getty Images