Squeaky clean! Beautifully presented pony-tails reign supreme at Stella McCartney’s Pre-Fall 2015 Presentation in New York City… learn how to create the look!
Pristine, clean, fresh-looking hair complemented the looks at Stella McCartney’s Pre-Fall 2015 Presentation held at James Burden mansion in New York City this week. To accompany McCartney’s luxurious, wearable pieces that encompassed old-world styles in modern silhouettes and fabrics, Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders prepped the hair to look gorgeous and healthy and then styled it into an easy, low-laying pony-tail.
“Stella wanted beautiful, squeaky clean hair to complement her collection,” said Beenders. “To create this look, we prepped hair with Pure Abundance™ Style Prep and dried it using a fine-toothed comb. This created a shiny and healthy style which we then gently mussed up with Dry Remedy™ Daily Moisturizing oil for a more natural look.”
How to Get the Look with Antoinette Beenders
- Step 1: After prepping hair with a shampoo and conditioner like Pure Abundance™, mist towel-dried hair with Pure Abundance™ Style Prep™ in small sections.
- Step 2: With a fine-tooth comb, blow dry hair back and away from the face.
- Step 3: Taking top sections of the hair, clip hair to the sides to focus attention to the under layers of hair. With a 1” curling iron, loosely curl the under layers of hair, half way to the head. Pull and twist curls to create natural looking waves and set with a light mist of Air Control™ Hair Spray.
- Step 4: Gather hair in a loose ponytail at the nape and secure tight with an elastic that matches the hair.
- Step 5: With five drops of Dry Remedy™ Daily Moisturizing Oil emulsified in palms of the hand, gently muss up the ends of the pony-tail and top of the hair for a naturally messy appearance that shows the dimension of the hair’s shine.
- Step 6: Set the final look with Air Control™ Hair Spray.
Photos: Aveda/Getty Images